Thanksgiving is just around the corner, which means it’s time to bring out the fall decor, prepare your Thanksgiving invites, and start planning your delicious feast! Sacramento also has festive holiday happenings and volunteer opportunities taking place during this season of gratitude and togetherness. That’s why this month’s newsletter is dedicated to all things Thanksgiving – from events and ways that you can give back to your community to holiday decor and classic dishes, we’ve got you covered. Read on for your complete guide to celebrating Thanksgiving in Sacramento!
Are you staying in town this year to celebrate Thanksgiving with friends and family? Explore local events, happenings, and volunteer opportunities this holiday season!
Local Events & Happenings:
- Now through December 24 (select days): Theater of Lights at Old Sacramento Waterfront
- Now through December 25 (select days): Sacramento Fall Cruises
- Now through January 14 (select days): Downtown Sacramento Ice Rink
- Now through January 16 (select days): Historic Folsom Ice Rink
- November 24: Run to Feed the Hungry 10K/5K in Sacramento
- November 25, 26,27: Crocker Holiday Artisan Market
- November 26 through December 17 (select days): Holiday Cheer at the Sacramento History Museum
- November 10: 15th Annual Turkey Drive (Sacramento Food Bank)
- November 18: Thanksgiving Poultry Drive at the Orangevale-Fair Oaks Food Bank
- Donate to those less fortunate: Loaves of Fishes
- Serve Sacramento Seniors: Volunteer for Meals on Wheels
- Help Animals During the Holiday & Winter Months: Sacramento SPCA or Front Street Animal Shelter
- Share the Gift of Warmth this Holiday Season: Volunteers of America
Are you responsible for preparing this year’s Thanksgiving or “Friendsgiving” feast? Don’t stress… From tender turkey to savory sides with a fun twist, we’re sharing some of our favorite dishes that your guests will be gobbling up at the dinner table this year.
Thanksgiving Apps: Need something to snack on before the main feast? These tasty appetizers will keep your guests hunger at bay and take the pressure off you (and your timer)!
- Green Bean Casserole Bundles
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- Cranberry Brie Bites
- Thanksgiving Charcuterie Board
- Turkey Veggie Tray
- Candied Walnut Bruschetta
- Roasted Carrot Hummus
- Crockpot Honey Garlic Little Smokies
- Whipped Goat Cheese with Warm Candied Bacon & Dates
- Savory Roasted Cranberry Salsa
Delicious Mains: Pull off a legendary Thanksgiving dinner with these classic mains and side dishes that everyone will be thankful for.
Let’s Talk Mains:
- Traditional Roast Turkey
- Air Fryer Turkey
- Garlic Herb Butter Roast Turkey
- Baked Spiral Ham
- Roasted Pumpkin Lasagna
- Cranberry Stuffed Beef Tenderloin
- Tofurky Roast
Pass the Sides:
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Spinach, Arugula, Cranberry & Walnut Salad
- Green Bean Casserole
- Soft Dinner Rolls
- Buttery Herb Stuffing
- Homemade Turkey Gravy
- Cranberry Sauce
- Southern Mac & Cheese
- Thanksgiving Roasted Veggies
- Parmesan Garlic Roasted Mushrooms
Festive Libations & Mocktails: From holiday cocktails and punches to delicious mocktails, we have a drink recipe for everyone to enjoy!
- Apple Cider Margarita
- Thanksgiving Pomegranate Punch
- Cranberry Bourbon Cocktail
- Pomegranate Mimosa
- Apple Cider Hot Toddy
- Hot Buttered Rum
- Pumpkin Pie Moscow Mule
- Cranberry Lime Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic)
- Ginger Orange Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic)
- Thanksgiving Punch Mocktail (Non-Alcoholic)
Delectable Desserts: Give your guests pumpkin’ to talk about with these decadent Thanksgiving pies and desserts.
- Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Grandma’s Apple Pie
- Pecan Pie
- Ginger Sweet Potato Pie
- Cheesecake Apple Pie
- Skillet Caramel Apple Pie
- Brown Butter Maple Chess Pie
- Pumpkin Brownies
Set the Scene for a Feast: It’s time to break out the good china, polish up that silverware, and find a seasonal centerpiece. Check out our tried-and-true tips for setting up a Thanksgiving table worthy of hosting your holiday recipes, festive libations, and decadent desserts.
- It’s all About the Centerpiece: Everyone knows that the centerpiece can make or break a table setting. So up your centerpiece game with this White Fall Pumpkin Centerpiece from Williams Sonoma or make your own like this gorgeous DIY Holiday Cranberry Centerpiece.
- Incorporate Natural Elements: This year, natural is in! You don’t have to spend a fortune to create a beautiful table setting. Bring outdoor elements inside by garnishing your table with leafy stems, fresh produce, structural berry branches for an added pop of color, and basic dinnerware. This creates a natural yet dreamy table-setting vibe. Get the look here.
- Stick with Neutrals: Think neutrals are boring? Think again! Neutrals pair beautifully with natural elements and earthy textures, and they create bright and airy living spaces. Find your inspiration here.
- Add Texture to Your Table: Textures pair beautifully with neutrals. Think chunky woven placemats and wheat napkin rings or ridge-textured stoneware plates. See the finished look here.
- (Or) Embrace Autumnal Shades: Opting for a warmer, cozier vibe? If you love that traditional Thanksgiving look, incorporate autumnal shades including brown, burnt orange, and moss to help transform your table into a Thanksgiving wonderland. Add some rustic white pumpkins and leafy stems or pine cones for that finishing touch. Click here for the complete look.
Sending warm, heartfelt wishes from my home to yours this Thanksgiving!
Leave a Reply