Independence Day is just around the corner! That’s why this month’s newsletter is dedicated to local events, parades and patriotic happenings in and around the Sacramento area. Plus, we have a few festive recipes that you can whip up in no time for your Fourth of July bash.
Looking for something fun and festive to do this Independence Day? From dazzling firework displays and patriotic parades to fun runs and carnivals, communities around the Sacramento area have some great events for people of all ages. Click on the links below for more information.
July 3: Fireworks and Freedom Concert @ El Dorado Hills Town Center
July 4: 2019 July 4th @ Cal Expo
July 4: 43rd Annual 4th of July 5-Miler in Sacramento
July 4: July 4th Parade with Bike Party in Sacramento
July 4: Tahoe Park Fourth of July Spark-tacular
July 4: Fourth of July Festival @ River Park
July 4: Elk Grove Salutes Red, White and Blue
July 4: Fourth on the Field @ Raley Field
July 4: Red, White & Brew @ Drakes: The Barn
July 4: Carmichael Fourth of July Parade & Fireworks
July 4: Roseville Fourth of July Celebration & Parade
July 4: Fourth of July Family Blast @ El Dorado County Fair
July 4: Four Barrel – Rockin’ Fourth of July @ Swabbies
July 4: 28th Annual Fourth of July Bike Parade in Folsom
July 4-6: 59th Annual Folsom Pro Rodeo
July 4: Folsom Live Rodeo After Party @ Powerhouse
Are you hosting a Fourth of July bash for your friends and family? While barbequing is certainly a must, sweeten up your celebration just a bit with these fabulously festive apps, drinks and desserts!
- Patriotic Trail Mix: Nothing says “Happy Fourth” like this simple yet delicious trail mix recipe, which is loaded with mini marshmallows, M&Ms and licorice. Get the recipe here.
- Fourth of July Brie: While you’re waiting for the grill to heat up, this festive Fourth of July Brie is a must! Because who doesn’t love fresh fruit paired with warm cheesy goodness? Learn how to make it here.
- Watermelon Strawberry Caprese Salad: Looking for something light and refreshing? Try out this easy to make and equally delicious Watermelon Strawberry Caprese Salad.
- Red, White & Blue Sliders: They might be miniature but these sliders are jam-packed with bold flavor thanks to the magical combination of strawberries, blue cheese and hamburger patties. Check out the recipe here.
- American Flag Veggie Tray: There’s nothing more patriotic than an American flag veggie tray! Find your inspiration here.
- Red, White & Blue Frozen Sangria: What’s better than a frozen slushy? A boozy one…This adult beverage is naturally flavored and is sure to be a hit at your Fourth of July celebration! Get the recipe here.
- Rocket Jello Shots: Jello just got an adult makeover thanks to this sparkling recipe! See how to make Rocket Jello Shots here!
- Blackberry Mojito: Beat the heat with this refreshing Blackberry Mojito!
- Red, White & Blue Wine Spritzer: Another refreshing favorite is this wine spritzer packed with blueberries, strawberries and of course, some white wine of your choice. Check out how to make these here.
- Sparkling Cherry Limeade (Non-Alcoholic Drink): This delicious mocktail is a must for your party – and the kids will enjoy it too! Get the recipe here.
- Firecracker Milkshake: The kids will go crazy over these decadent (and festive) Firecracker Milkshakes. You can add toppings including fudge or caramel sauce for a little extra flavor! Check out the recipe here.
- Mini Stars Berry Pies: Give classic pie a twist with these adorable miniature berry pies, which are loaded with blueberries, raspberries and strawberries. Top with ice cream and enjoy! Get the recipe here.
- July 4th S’mores Dip: Nothing screams summer like s’mores. This patriotic version is a delicious way to enjoy Independence Day! Click here to make your own batch.
- Brownie Flag Cake: You can use the homemade brownie batter recipe or a mixed box. You can’t go wrong with the Ghirardelli brownie mix. Topped with fresh blueberries, strawberries and vanilla frosting, this cake should be a real hit with guests! Learn how to make it here.
- Patriotic Popsicles: Fourth of July and popsicles go hand in hand. Learn how to make these festive (and adorable) popsicles here.
Wishing everyone a happy, safe and memorable Independence Day!